Tuesday, January 31, 2012

This is When I Change My Tune

And also when I wonder why I ever started purposefully using cliches in my post titles . . . Maybe so I'm not tempted to use them anywhere else? I don't know.

Anyway, as some of you may know, the tune I have been singing thus far on this blog has been a mix of Mindy Gledhill's "Circus Girl" and paranoid caution.

Circus Girl by Mindy Gledhill on Grooveshark

The caution comes from a recent spat with an archiving policy on a writing website and, as a result, I have become very paranoid about putting whole pieces online, or even large chunks of pieces. I've been afraid of my work being claimed by the site it appears on or, worse, stolen by a troll who just happened upon it.

And while those are probably legitimate concerns the thought recently crossed my mind that the vast majority of the people who subscribe to my blog do so to sample my writing and/or give me feedback. And, also, that I'm probably not interesting or witty enough to carry a blog in which I talk about my writing but never share any of it. And I haven't gathered any trolls so far (at least not any as ugly as the one pictured above) so I guess I don't have any excuses not to share.

I'm changing my tune--"Miss Otis Regrets" and the first two chapters of Clocker (as soon as I have edited them).


Miss Otis Regrets by Bette Midler on Grooveshark

I'm also working on a list of other blogs my readers should check out so expect that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment